ST. LOUIS WOMAN, 18, SERENADED BY JASON MRAZ DIES WHILE WAITING FOR NEW LUNGSPhysicians would later discover the man had a serious fungal infection in his lungs, more formally known as pulmonary fungal disease.
The infection was likely caused when the man inhaled the fungal spores found in the dirty socks, Science Alert reported.
Peng’s condition may have been worsened by his “lack of rest,” one of the man’s doctors, Mai Zhuanying, reportedly told Fujian Daily, according to the Daily Mail.
Most strains of this mold are harmless, but a few can cause serious illnesses when people with weakened immune systems, underlying lung disease or asthma inhale their spores,” the Mayo Clinic continued, noting the infection can cause wheezing, shortness of breath, or cause the infected person to cough up blood, among other symptoms.
Done Katch’ng up but want to read more? Read more here.